Terms and Conditions
Last edited: 2021-07-06
This pages states the terms and conditions for both tracks of the competition.
This is a skill-based contest and chance plays no part in the determination of the winner(s). All eligible entries received will be judged using the criteria described on the evaluation page of the competition to determine winners.
You are eligible to enter this contest if you meet the following requirements:
- You are an individual or a team of people desiring to contribute to the tasks of the challenge and accepting to follow its rules; and
- You are not an employee of any challenge sponsor; and
- You are not involved in any part of the administration and execution of this contest; and
- You are not an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse, or child) or household member of an employee of a challenge sponsor, or a person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this contest.
This contest is void in any geographic area where it is prohibited by law. If you choose to submit an entry, but are not qualified to enter the contest, this entry is voluntary, and any entry you submit is governed by the remainder of these contest rules; the challenge organizers reserve the right to evaluate it for scientific purposes. If you are not qualified to submit a contest entry and still choose to submit one, under no circumstances will such entries qualify for sponsored prizes.
To be eligible for judging, an entry must meet the following content/technical requirements:
- Entry contents: The participants are required to submit entries following the instructions in the tutorial.
- Registration: Participants and teams need to register for the competition on CodaLab (individually for each track) before the registration deadline.
- Pre-requisite: There is no pre-requisite to participate, including no requirement to have participated in previous challenges.
- Use of data provided: All data provided are freely available to the participants on the data page of the competition.
- Original work: By submitting your entry into this contest you confirm that your entry is your original work.
Prizes are awarded as incentives to boost contest participation. For each track separately they amount to $3000/$2000/$1000 for the 1st/2nd/3rd winner. In case of ties, the prize money for the respective place and places below will be equally distributed among participants with the same score. To be eligible for prizes, the top ranking candidates are required to publicly release their code and submit a documentation (based on a template provided by the organizers).
Judging the entries
The organization committee of the competition will review all eligible entries received and select the winners based upon the prediction score on test data. The organization committee will verify that the winners complied with the rules, including that they documented their method. The decisions of the organization committee are final and binding. The distribution of prizes according to the decisions made by the organization committee will be made within three (3) months after completion of the last round of the contest. If we do not receive a sufficient number of entries meeting the entry requirements, we may, at our discretion based on the above criteria, not award any or all of the contest prizes below.
If an unforeseen or unexpected event (including, but not limited to: someone cheating; a virus, bug, or catastrophic event corrupting data or the submission platform; someone discovering a flaw in the data or modalities of the challenge; very low participation in the challenge) that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled, (also referred to as force majeure) affects the fairness and / or integrity of this contest, we reserve the right to cancel, change or suspend this contest. This right is reserved whether the event is due to human or technical error. If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the contest, we reserve the right to select winners based on the criteria specified above from among all eligible entries received before we had to cancel, change or suspend the contest. Computer “hacking” is unlawful. If you attempt to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this contest by hacking or by cheating or committing fraud in any way, we may seek damages from you to the fullest extent permitted by law. Further, we may ban you from participating in any of our future contests, so please play fairly.
The organizers reserve the right to make amendments to the above mentioned rules.